Gem Expo 2020

It’s only a few weeks away

Gem Expo 2020 in Toronto!

Every show that I’ve attended has been exciting and an adventure in its own way. Music festivals, Scottish festivals, markets, fairs, Renaissance, and the list goes on. The one problem is having the right stock for the event. 

There are so many things to consider when vendors prepare for a show and it is usually just overwhelming to think about. What is the theme? What are this years trends within the theme? What season is it? What materials do I have already? What materials do I need to buy? How many pieces of each item should I make? What is my table design? 
Also, it really doesn’t help that the sky is the limit when you actually make all of your stock. Anything can potentially be created and the ideas are endless. Ugh!!

Of course, making pieces that people will want to buy is up at the top of the priority list... but often the trendy stock is not quite as much fun to prepare as your own inspired designs. 

When you’re spending hours, weeks, sometimes months thinking about a show and making stock for it, there is a lot on the line. Like a really looooong game that you play with yourself. A gamble without all the blinking lights and annoying bleep-bloops. 

As we venture into the new world of gem shows, we hope to have some unique pieces that resonate with the patrons while keeping with our own styles. Fingers crossed.

Check out some of the things we’re building for the show:


One of Stephens’ engraved bands

Labradorite shield pendants. Will people like them??

Thanks for reading😺
Hope to see you at gem expo 2020!





Comments

  1. Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!
    Diamonds South Africa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Care for Your Antique Jewelry

Get Ready for the Lunar Eclipse 2024!